Saturday, February 18, 2012

Welcome!!

Welcome to the blog!  I am going to be posting here about new things happening to our park.  I will be updating with the status of our movie nights and community afternoons.  I will also post here if I see new things or hear new things about construction happening at our park.

Right now I have contacted Glenna Overstreet with the Parks and Rec dept, to see how much money we need to raise to help bring our beautiful park back to life.  I feel very strongly about saving this park, I have a 4 year old and I NEED a place for her to be able to run around and let off some steam.

So far we are in the process having a movie in the park.  We are still trying to figure out costs for licensing  and rentals of the equipment and we are also trying to figure out a date.  If you are willing to help find sponsors for the event or if you can volunteer to help make this happen please email me at Friendsofpurpleheartpark@gmail.com.

Thats it for now.  I have included a few pictures of the current state of our park.








No comments:

Post a Comment